The prevention of child abuse is the National Project of the Exchange Club. The month of April is Prevention of Child Abuse Month and Exchange Clubs across the country work to increase awareness about child abuse and how it can be prevented. Creating public awareness about child abuse can be an integral approach to preventing child abuse. We ask you to share this information with others and join us in heightening awareness by participating in any of the below activities during the month of April. Blue is associated with the Prevention of Child Abuse Campaign.
- Blue Mondays. We ask you to wear blue each Monday during the month of April, take a picture and share it on social media. Please use #bluekids and tag @RLAExchange when posting!
- Decorate your school, office, or home with blue ribbons.
- Spend time with your children doing activities together. We will have a family calendar with ideas for the month of April.
- Visit Blue Kids | Lake County Children’s Advocacy Center (friendsoflccac.org) for more information.
- 90% of child sexual abuse victims know their abuser
- Only 10% of sexually abused children are abused by a stranger
- Approximately 30% of children who are sexually abused are abused by family members
- One in ten children will be sexually abused before they are 18 years old
- 60% of child sexual abuse victims never tell anyone
- Fact: Most adolescent sex offenders are not predators and will not go on to become adult offenders
Most adolescent offenders do not meet the criteria for pedophilia and do not go on to exhibit sexual predatory behaviors. Adolescent offenders are more responsive to treatment than adults. They do not appear to continue to re-offend into adulthood, especially when given the appropriate treatment
#Sited from Darkness to Light