Congratulations to our 2022 Above & Beyond Award Winners!
The Round Lake Area Exchange Clubs Above and Beyond Awards seek to acknowledge public servants and school district staff for outstanding acts of character, commitment, and compassion to both their profession and community. These awards are unique in their criteria and are only for Round Lake Area Police and Fire Departments, CenCom E9-1-1, Park District, Library, and School District Staff and PBIS Student Ambassadors. Due to COVID-19, we will honor each awardee in the month of April at a location of your choice (Board Meeting, Staff Meeting etc.). The recipients will have gone “Above and Beyond” the requirements of duty related to one or more of the Round Lake Area Exchange Clubs Programs of Service including Americanism, Youth Programs, Community Service, or the Prevention of Child Abuse.
2022 Above & Beyond Award Winners
Learn more about why each individual was selected for this award by clicking the links below!
- Nick Flood, Telecommunicator at CenCom
- Lt. Westley Biddenstadt, Greater Round Lake Fire Protection District
- Sgt. Matt Maculan, Round Lake Heights Police Department
- Nick Benjamin, Student at Beach Elementary School
- Jane Ferrigan-Wilson, Birth-5 Coordinator at RLAS-116
- Officer Ala Dynak, Round Lake Park Police Department
- Officer Dawn Bacon, Round Lake Beach Police Department
- Round Lake Middle School Related Services Team: Ray Russo (Counselor), Jenny Garcia (Counselor), Darrell Herman (Counselor), Heather Brown (Social Worker), Erica Krause (Social Worker), Jackie Salgado (Social Worker), and Dr. Victoria Morris (Psychologist)